The Iowa Author Adventures Trail includes a library, a museum, a childhood home, restaurants, and the training ground of scores of US writers. The writers range from the internationally renowned to those with a more regional focus and reputation.
Click any link below for author and place information.
A. Laura Ingalls Wilder, Burr Oak
The University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop has spawned the careers of numerous major authors. An excellent guide that indicates key places in Iowa City connected to them can be found here: https://litcity.lib.uiowa.edu. Some places listed on it are open to the public but not all. Several of these writers also have places connected to them in the states where they were drawn after completing their work at the Writers’ Workshop. Examples with Author Adventures pages include:
- Dr. Margaret Walker Alexander in Mississippi
- Rita Dove in Arizona
- Flannery O’Connor in Georgia (Milledgeville)
- Flannery O’Connor in Georgia (Savannah)
- Wallace Stegner in Utah
- Kurt Vonnegut in Indiana
- Robert Penn Warren in Kentucky
- John Edgar Wideman in Wyoming
- Tennessee Williams in Mississippi
- Tennessee Williams in New York
The Iowa Author Adventures Trail is below.